Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Review: Deadly Class (Pilot)



Deadly Class 2/10

I saw an ad for this new series coming out called Deadly Class on SyFy. The first episode is available on Youtube so I figured I'd give it a shot. Didn't like it. I'll try and explain what the show seems to be about. A bunch of students are recruited to kill. I think. I am trying not to mix up what I saw and what I read it is supposed to be about from descriptions of the comic book it is based off of. This kid named Marcus Lopez Arguello who doesn't appear to be any of those names if you're picking up what I'm putting down lives in the streets. This show felt like I was watching a TV show version of Wanted and I hated that damned movie.


One night after being robbed by a homeless dude he accidentally smokes some angel dust and is chased by police and rescued and then kidnapped by this school for psychopaths. Kids are told to hurt one another, the staff hurts them, they are assigned to murder folks, and this one Black student is so over the top it made me laugh. I was like “This is not Training Day and you are not Denzel.” I'm sure as this show progresses that everyone will not act like exactly what they are. But I won't be around to see. They crammed so much information into this episode and I didn't have anyone that I wanted to cheer for. I need that shit when I am watching a movie or TV show. Don't just show me a bunch of people that are too cool for school because if you don't seem to give a damn then why should I?

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: