Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Review: I Am Vengeance



I Am Vengeance 5/10

This was not a terrible movie. I knew that it was gonna be cheesy. I Am Vengeance is a title I cant ignore because I love stories about revenge. The closer you are to someone the harder the vengeance should be. Or, like, the death of a puppy you just got from your recently deceased wife! Monsters! Anyhoot, this stars Stu Bennett fka Wade Barrett. I want this guy to succeed in cinema. I watched his wrestling career, used to put him in the game before he was officially in it. This guy had a unique look and a great voice. Seriously, his voice sounds like something you'd hear before frogs started raining from the sky. So I added this to my Netflix list and watched this tonight while making Perler beads. Yeah. It is a hobby. Click here to see them.


This is about a guy named John Gold who is former military. Or still in it. I'm still not sure. He finds out that his friend was murdered as well as his friends parents. He discovers that a group of soldiers are using this ratty town to peddle their drugs they found overseas. John is joined by this lady who is on drugs and annoying as fuck. I squinted every time she was on screen and wanted to hiss. I seriously didn't like her. Actually, all of the women in this were flat as hell. The only cool one that was a ninja got beat the easiest and she was right before the final boss battle! How?! I was looking forward to their fight.


Like I was, this was not terrible. Just...it felt flat. Bennett could not save this but I could see how if it were written and directed better it could have actually been really entertaining. Then I saw that it was written and directed by the same person, so fuck me I guess. This movie has bloody fights, people getting shot, stabbed, and one dude gets his eyes gouged out. I seen't it! I want to see Bennett in more movies as a tough guy and then make his way over to more competent directors and writers. Put this guy in a fucking Marvel movie and let him go.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: