Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Upcoming DC Films Excitement Levels 2



Five years ago I did a series of posts about my excitement levels for the upcoming movies meaning mostly superhero ones. There are a ton of DC movies coming out and I am gonna focus on the ones that at least have a cast because DC has a shit ton of stuff in development. There are some that I covered before that still have not come out and after a series of unsuccessful films. Okay, fine. I'll still talk about some of the ones that are allegedly gonna come out. I won't get into how DC has actual dozens of TV shows and still waste time on finding a way to make a movie that has zero connection to them with dozens more that were canceled with others coming back on a different network. I rate these on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being “Meh” and 5 being “Get hype, hookers!”

Birds Of Prey


Excitement Level - 1/5

Cast: Margot Robbie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Rosie Perez, Ella Jay Basco, and Ewan McGregor.

Close to zero desire to see this. Was Harley Quinn one of the best things about Suicide Squad? Sure. The movie was still terrible and hearing that voice she puts on during the trailer was too much for me. They needed to do a live action Mad Love before doing this. Harley isn't even a Birds Of Prey team member! It makes no sense. DC keeps managing to shoot themselves in the foot by trying to dive too far in their stories. And don't think I'm not mad at who they picked to play Black Canary. That character is legit one of the most bad ass (and hot) comic book characters and their choice of actresses does not blow my whistle. And Black Mask as a villain in what looks like a nonsense fest? Come on. I don't even want to think about how they introduce Cassandra Cain into this. Who? Exactly.

Wonder Woman 1984


Excitement Level – 1/5

Cast: Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, and Chris Pine

Did I see the first Wonder Woman? Yes. Was it good? Not really. It was fine for what it was. A follow up to a series of shitty DC movies. I don't know why they decided to put the story in the past when what DC needs to do is move forward. They are literally doing the same shit twice. In the first film there was no sense of danger because it took place almost 100 years ago. Now its a story taking place when I was fucking five years old. Why? I wonder if she will die? Of course not! We've seen her in a few other films! It is a waste of time. And the story looks weak as shit. Try harder.

The Batman


Excitement Level – 4/5

Cast: Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Colin Farrell, Paul Dano, Andy Serkis, Jeffrey Wright, John Turturro, and Peter Sarsgaard

The next Batman movie went through so much nonsense before with director changes before Ben Affleck finally bounced out after wasting everyone's time with his version of Batman. That Batman looked awesome but, holy shit, he was not anyone's favorite Batman. They have a new director (let me look up his credits and...aw fuck) and its starring Pattinson. If this was ten years ago I would have been upset bit after seeing how much I loved Joker I am fine with them just making a whole new Batman movie. It doesn't even need a sequel. Hell, don't know how it can considering this movie has already cast Catwoman, The Riddler, Penguin, Falcone, and possibly Two-Face. That's a lot of fucking characters for one film. It has a pretty strong cast and doesn't have the stank of previous Batman movies and is in no way connected to the shit show DC has been giving me.

The Suicide Squad


Excitement Level – 5/5

Cast: Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Michael Rooker, Joel Kinnaman, John Cena, Jai Courtney, Nathan Fillion, David Dastmalchian, Taika Waititi, Alice Braga, Sean Gunn, Storm Reid, Pete Davidson, Flula Borg, Peter Capaldi, Joaquín Cosío, Mayling Ng, Juan Diego Botto, Steve Agee, Tinashe Kajese, Daniela Melchior, Julio Ruis, and Jennifer Holland

With as much shit as I talked about the first Suicide Squad I got hype as shit when I found out that James Gunn was directing this. The cast is huge as hell which is exactly what it needs to be. I want to see a bunch of C-level villains dying. That is exactly what this type of team is made for. I believe that Gunn has the ability to make a bunch of lame ass characters awesome. Seriously, who the hell even knew what a Groot was before Gunn got his hands on him? I do wish that no one from the first film was involved, but what can you do?

Black Adam


Excitement Level - 5/5

Cast: Dwayne Johnson

If this is just Hobbs & Shaw with superpowers I am gonna be throwing my panties at the screen. Interesting choice in director but whatever. I just want to see The Rock looking awesome in that costume and punching shit with lightning. Shazam had no right to be as good as it was and I for some silly ass reason think that this movie will be way better than it should be.

The Trench


Excitement Level - 1/5

Cast: TBD

I give zero fucks about the underwater world of Aquaman. I didn't think his movie was bad and thought the world looked cool but that was it. I had no desire to learn anymore about it.

Batgirl


Excitement Level – 1/5

Cast: TBA

Joss Whedon was gonna direct this a while back. They have a writer and want a lady to direct. I know with how shitty that Batwoman series has been received I wouldn't be rushing to make this. Four years ago I tried to cast who should play her. Now I just don't care. My problem with anything Batman related in any way that does not start fresh has the stank of the Affleck Batman on it.

Click here for previous Excitement Levels.

No comments: