Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ross Radio Show 54


Remember when KROQ used to be awesome? Yeah, me too! In this episode which is by far the longest ever I play Social Distortion Story Of My Life, Pennywise Same Old Story, NOFX Leave It AloneSoundgarden Spoonman, The Verve Buttersweet SymphonyMagnapop Open The Door, Eels Novacaine For the SoulWilliam Shatner Common People, No Doubt Sunday Morning, Everclear I Will Buy You A New Life, Stone Temple Pilots Lady Picture Show, The Offspring Self Esteem, Toad The Wet Sprocket Something’s Always Wrong, Wax Southern California, Cracker Low, Toadies Possum Kingdom, Alice In Chains WouldRancid Fall Back Down, Tripping Daisy I Got A Girl, White Zombie Thunder Kiss ‘65, Meat Puppets Backwater, Bush Machinehead, Silverchair Tomorrow, Candlebox Far BehindSpacehog In The Meantime, Local H Bound For The Floor, Red Hot Chili Peppers Around The World, Sublime Santeria, Pearl Jam Yellow LedbetterClick here to download this and past Ross Radio Shows

3 comments:

Njeri said...

Dude, you know it's been YEARS since KROQ was good. I used to listen to that station daily from when I was a little kid in the 80s until the mid 90s. All my fav DJ's like Jed the Fish, Poorman Jim Trenton, The Swedish Eagle, and Richard Blade encouraged me to keep my stereo on 24-7. I would even go to sleep with it on.

Dante Ross said...

I know what you mean. I used to have so many tapes of stuff I recorded from the radio just waiting for the DJ to stop talking so I could start the recording. This episode could have been 10 hours long. Thanks for listening!

Njeri said...

I used to record from the radio, too. I have some awesome tapes of vintage KROQ in a box somewhere around here. I've been wanting to find them because there are some songs I used to love that are no longer in my memory and deserve to be resurrected. Anyway, some of them are from the New Year's Eve countdown they used to do where listeners voted on the order of every song or the top 1000 played on KROQ for that year. The Cure and Depeche Mode usually got top honors, but the lower rankng songs were always the best. Damn! I miss the 80's!!!