Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Review: Ric Flair 30 For 30


30 For 30 Ric Flair 9/10

I just finished watching the 30 For 30 special from ESPN just because it was about Ric Flair. I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know about his career since I have read his first book, watched wrestling since I was 3 years old, and wanted a robe as a child because I wanted to imitate Flair. If anyone is a fan of my weird as character Pretty Ricky the reason he wears a robe and says “Ooh...” was inspired by Flair's “Woo!” Now you know that bit of useless information.


This covers his entire life so far. Like, his entire life. They talk about his adoption, school, college, getting started in wrestling, and what inspired him to become one. They also cover all of his crazy ass partying and drinking with interviews with people throughout his life including his family, previous wives, people from music, sports, and other wrestlers and how he inspired them. They also use animated sequences well to show things that were not recorded with voice over.


This was a very thorough look into his life and I wish I could've watched it with fresh eyes meaning not knowing all of this inside information. This guy has had a crazy ass life. He had all of the sex and did all of the drinking until this year when his body shut down and he had to be put into a coma for a while to recover. This is a great watch for fans of Flair or if you want to learn how not to treat people in your personal life.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: