Sunday, July 17, 2022

Curtain Call: Kinky Boots


Kinky Boots 9/10


I finally got to see Kinky Boots again! This is my fourth time seeing the show and every time I have its always different people playing the parts. One guy will better a better Lola. Another a better Charlie. This time everyone was the best version of these characters. If you are wondering why I didn't give this a 10/10 it is because the sound issues at The Hollywood Bowl. Like...its the fucking Hollywood Bowl. Why are they having sound issues? Regardless, it was much better than the sound at Pantages where I've seen this three previous times and adapted to the bad sound system. Also they had kids perform again. Its only happened the first time I'd seen the play. Since 2020 I have missed being able to go see this show because it has become a tradition.



Knowing that we were going to this theater Cam and I knew it would be best to just park at Highland and walk on up. We got there and the lines moved faster than usual and I stood around watching the brave people trying to be cute in their big ass heels. Not in that hilly ass place! So we get out seats and enjoy the show. The seats in front of us were empty until intermission which was nice and the crowd wasn't as obnoxious as I assumed they would be. This was so much fun and I would love to see it again without any of the sound problems. And a special shout out to the actress that played Lauren. I didn't realize that she was the one playing that role and she had me cracking up laughing.


Wayne Brady as Lola

Jake Shears as Charlie

Kelly Marie Tran as Lauren

Mark Ballas as Harry

Marissa Jaret Winokur as Pat

Hayley Orrantia as Nicola

Patrick Scott McDermott as Young Charlie

Walter Russell lll as Young Lola

James Olivas as Richard Bailey

Brian Cali as Mr. Price

Terron Brooks as Simon Sr.

Click here for previous Curtain Call.

No comments: