Sunday, July 23, 2023

The Review: I'm A Virgo



I'm A Virgo 10/10


I absolutely loved this damn series. Cam randomly suggested it and we plowed through the first four episodes before I finished the rest the next day. If you one of those people that needs explanations for everything you see then this show will make your head hurt. A lady leaves the hospital with a baby that is about my size now, names him Cootie, and she and her husband are raising him at home. Turns out she is his aunt and they hide him from the world. As he gets older he begins to crave the outside world. His aunt and uncle show him what happens to giants when they are discovered which gives him nightmares. Of course he gets discovered by some kids in his neighborhood and they introduce him to the world of fast food, fame, and women. Meanwhile there is a superhero that is bigoted as hell literally flying around. Its a lot.



This series manages to have incredible messages along the way done in ways that I would have never thought to attempt. This is one of those shows where not as many people see it as I feel should. Hell, I probably never would have even known this existed if not for my friend and if I read a description I would have likely skipped it because it is so much more than a show about a giant kid. The special effects, the acting, the music, and the writing are super on point and each episode flies by. I hope it gets a second season. The writer/director did Sorry To Bother You which was one of my favorite films that year.

Jharrel Jerome as Cootie

Mike Epps as Martisse

Carmen Ejogo as Lafrancine

Walton Goggins as Jay Whittle/The Hero

Brett Gray as Felix

Kara Young as Jones

Allius Barnes as Scat

Olivia Washington as Flora


Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: