Monday, October 9, 2023

Documentality: The Way Down


 

The Way Down 8/10


I watched this months ago and have been slacking on reviews so I'll be attempting to post a few a day. I have been watching so much stuff that I have just been writing what I watched but not writing reviews. This one, The Way Down, was insane in so many ways. I had seen this lady, Gwen Shamblin Lara's face, but did not know why. I had no idea that she was running a church based weight loss program and the amount of drama and nonsense that wanting to lose weight and be closer to god could cause. This had everything from divorces, fat shaming, marrying an actor who left his family, plane crashes, Trump shit, self harm, and terrible music. When I watch stuff like this I think it happened years ago like in the 90's when people were easier to fleece. Nope. This was happening as recently as a couple of years ago and is likely still going on now. I watched this on HBO Max which is now just Max. Just a few episodes and doesn't drag out the material.


Click here for previous Documentality.

No comments: