Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Review: Goon Last Of The Enforcers


Goon Last Of The Enforcers 6/10

I had no idea that the movie Goon Last Of The Enforcers had been added to Netflix. I really liked the first movie so I decided to check this one out. It has the same cast as last time which was cool like Seann William Scott, Liev Schreiber, Alison Pill who I have an odd crush on, and Jay Baruchel. Baruchel actually helped write this and produced and directed it. The story for this one is that Doug “The Thug” Glatt played by Scott is still doing his thing kicking folks asses on ice but being super polite about it getting his own ass beat for the first time and suffering concussion symptoms and an arm injury. His now wife played by Pill is pregnant now so it is time to figure some shit out with his life.


While I liked this movie it was missing a playfulness that the first one had. There was not enough Baruchel which I get since he was so busy directing and all that. But it needed more humor. There was too much time spent on the relationship between the bad guy and his father and Liev needed more time on screen since I really liked his character in the last film. The fights were bloodier but didn't feel as real as the first movie. If you liked the first one chances are you'll like this one as well.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: