Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Review: Happy!



Happy! 9/10

Tonight I finished watching this crazy ass series called Happy! that aired on Syfy...which means I did not watch it until it was on Netflix. This show is insane in the best of ways. I won't even say that there will be spoilers because I doubt I can even recap this show properly. It stars Christopher Meloni as a former police detective named Nick Sax. I say former because now he is a hitman. A very good one. He drinks too much, does too many drugs, has heart problems, and no one likes him. Cops and bad guys hate him but some of the bad guys have a weird form of respect for him. This is based off of a comic book (that I did not know existed) so the things that happen, like the violence, are very graphic. So graphic that it is cartoonish.


One day after a kid that he did not know he had gets kidnapped her imaginary friend named Happy shows up. He is voiced by Patton Oswalt. No one but Nick can see Happy so when he talks to him everyone thinks he is nuts. This show looks great, has a good cast, I loved the music, the visuals, and the interaction everyone had with one another. I remember seeing posters for this and having no desire to watch but am glad that I did. It is hard to advertise a show that is violent, strange, or god forbid creative. I mean, hell, in the first scene he blows his brains out and a disco party breaks out. The closest shows or movies I can think of with this show would be if Dead Like Me, Evil Dead, Sin City, and Donnie Darko had a baby. Check this out. Eight episodes and the are making a second season.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: