Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Review: Prime Suspect Series 1



Prime Suspect Series One 8/10

I was talking to Cam weeks ago about this show called Prime Suspect and once I heard who the star was I knew I was gonna watch it. I just had to wait for the right time since I am not super into crime shows. But I am into crime shows from overseas. In England they have very few episodes per season, or series as they call them, so they can not waste time with bullshit. This show is hardcore by the way. They show nude mutilated ass bodies and they get all up in their business. This season has just two episodes that are each the length of a movie. Jane Tennison is good at her job but looked over because of her gender. That's pretty much it. The place is full of dudes who shit on her and it gets even worse when after the death of the chief detective she is promoted. They, like, obviously don't like her specifically one guy who is straight out of a villain handbook.


There is an investigation into the murder of a young woman. The guy that is accused is George Marlow. After a minute I immediately knew that this guy was the killer. And if he wasn't the killer he needed to be arrested anyway because he was guilty of something. He was so damn shifty. When Tennison talks to his common law wife she defends him even though it seems like she knows something is up with him. They barge into his house and arrest him he gets off. They bring him into a lineup and he gets off. The lineup scene was funny. This woman was inches away from a room full of guys she thinks may be a raping ass killer. Still he gets off. More bodies start turning up and he and his lady are on the run now. Tennison's man is like “You don't spend enough time with me! Whah!” Bitch! She is trying to stop a killer! She ain't got time to be climbing on top of you, making dinner, helping with your weird ass son, and solve murder most foul.


I was kind of bummed out how this season ended because my reaction went from “Catch that bastard!” to “Oh...that's it?” It seemed to wrap up really fast but I get it because there is only so much time in the season. There are some questions I have regarding the behavior of some of the higher ups at her place and why they were hiding bits of important information from her and seeming to help the damn killer. I was like “Do you wanna catch this guy or not?!” It is cool watching cop shows when cell phones weren't around and people are stepping all over crime scenes. Check this out. There are seven damn seasons.

Helen Mirren as Detective Chief Inspector Jane Tennison
John Bowe as George Marlow

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: