Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Review: Falcon And The Winter Soldier S1E1



Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 1 “New World Order”


So far so good. The first episode of Falcon And The Winter Soldier was so engaging that I forgot that I was watching a TV show and thought it was a damn movie. When it ended I had my feelings hurt. This takes place like six months after everyone that got blipped came back. Again, like with Wandavision I love how they are showing that life was fucked for folks that had to stay behind. It wasn't like only people vanished. Half of all life vanished including things like food. Animals. They're called animals. So Sam Wilson aka Falcon is helping to take out some terrorists by flying plane to helicopter to helicopter. It was crazy as hell. They even brought Batroc back! Dude hasn't been around in years.



Back at home Sam is trying to get his sister to keep their family business open in Louisiana. She is like “You disappeared for five years while I had to raise my kids and keep this business going!” Sam is like “Okay. I own half. Not selling it.” Jerk. He tries to use the fact that he was an Avenger to help his sister get a loan and I found out that he made no money with the team. Ain't that some shit? Oh, and he doesn't want to be the new Captain America. He gave the shield to a museum and that was that. Falcon is also working to stop some crazy ass group called LAF with a guy named Torres. I didn't trust Torres until he tried to infiltrate the group and during a robbery got his ass chokeslammed into the ground and his face stomped. One of the LAF members appeared to be superhuman. This intrigues me.



Winter Soldier is crazy! Well, he's better now. Bucky has nightmares about all the stuff he did when he was hypnotized. He goes to a therapist and calls him out on his bullshit. He has a list of people that he wants to apologize to for his past crimes. One is an older man he has become friends with who does not know that Bucky murdered a few years ago. They did a really good job of showing what it would be like for someone like Bucky to be 106, spend years under mind control, come back, get turned to dust, lose his best friend, and try to just live a life.



By the end of the episode it is revealed that the government is like “This country need a hero.” Sam's sister shows him during a press conference that someone else has been brought on to be the new Captain America. The amount of pearls I clutched during that scene! It is some random ass dude that got the entire suit and shield. Sam just sitting there looking shook. Dumb ass gave up the shield! I have no idea how Bucky feels about this but chances are its gonna be bad. And I know I could watch a video or look up who this new guy is but I don't wanna. I have an idea. This was a good start which I said this series had to be considering how good Wandavision was.


Click here for previous The Review.



No comments: