Saturday, February 19, 2022

The Review: Peacemaker


Peacemaker 10/10


No complaints! I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this series. Everyone was cast perfectly. The music was cool. The action was amazing as well as graphic as all hell. I did not think this would be as good as it was considering I don't know shit about the character from the comics. I knew who he was from the strange helmet but could never tell you his name if asked. So when he popped up in The Suicide Squad I enjoyed him but didn't know how they would be able to make an entire series featuring him. They somehow did and made one of the best TV shows of the year and its only February. I know some folk are burned out by superhero based movies and shows and I am not. I just want good ones and this was one of the best made. Seriously. No complaints! You know how rare that is for me?!



This picks up after the film and Peacemaker is a total piece of shit. He escapes from the hospital when in reality he should be heading back to prison. He is found and recruited for a mission because he still has time to serve. The people in charge of handling him do not like him because they know that he is trash. He thinks he is a hero in every way. We get to meet his horrible ass father and see why Peacemaker is the way he is. Get to see him change as a human being in a way that felt natural and not forced at all. Villains and heroes that I knew by image but not really that got a chance to shine. That is what a lot of movies and shows don't do all that well and I am so happy that this one did. I am doing a terrible job describing this series because I don't want to spoil anything. Just give it a try. It also has one of the best intros ever. You'll laugh more than you expect.

John Cena as Christopher Smith/Peacemaker

Danielle Brooks as Leota Adebayo

Freddie Stroma as Adrian Chase /Vigilante

Chukwudi Iwuji as Clemson Murn

Jennifer Holland as Emilia Harcourt

Steve Agee as John Economos

Robert Patrick as August "Auggie" Smith/White Dragon

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: