Thursday, August 18, 2022

Casting Slouch: Who Should Be The Black Panther


Oh, lord. This is way harder than I thought it'd be. I like recasting or making casting wish lists and since there has been this thing online with folks wanting T'Challa recast after the fucked up death of
Chadwick Boseman who portrayed Black Panther. Now, I don't wanna recast the character of T'Challa. I want a damn Black Panther though because even though in hindsight that movie wasn't as good as I thought at the time (seriously, that last fight scene looked like something out of PS1). I liked that Black kids had a character that wasn't lightning based or Blade. Nothing against Blade, but, come on. So after weeks of randomly coming back to this and looking up lists of Black actors that I think could play the part I was only able to come up with two people. That's fucking sad.


The criteria I came up with is that they could not be in another Marvel film. They needed to be under 40. I'm older than that so its not ageism. Have the right look that I want for the character. I don't want some dude with long ass hair or rail thin or anything like that. This is my blog and I can write what I want. This might all be for nothing anyway. They probably got a new person playing him right now.


Y'lan Noel



When asked of he would even play Black Panther he stated “In a blink of an eye! But it’s up to the gods!” I have only seen this guy in two things: the HBO series Insecure and The First Purge. I remember when I first saw him in that terrible movie I thought “That dude would be a cool Black Panther.” Chadwick was still alive and we didn't know anything was wrong with him and I had that thought. He is in his early 30's, good height, and great shape. This guy could definitely be the next Black Panther.


Jovan Adepo



This dude grew up before my eyes and I didn't even know it was the same guy. First saw him in Fences. Great child actor. Saw him in that crazy ass movie Overlord. Next thing I know he in the Watchmen series kicking ass! He is about the same height as the previous guy, same age, and also in great shape. I am leaning more towards him based on the amount of acting experience he has. The only thing working against him for me is that he was already in a superhero based series and is from England. There seems to be only five Black actors in America. Its weird.


Click here for previous previous Casting Slouch.

No comments: