Wednesday, July 10, 2013

TV Slut: The Amazing World Of Gumball


This past week in Vegas I watched a lot of TV that I never get the chance to watch normally because fuck paying for cable. I watched this cartoon called The Amazing World Of Gumball. This cartoon is the perfect blend of funny, insane, and just straight up nonsense. I’m starting to think that the cartoons that are new and watchable (not a real word by the way) for me like Recess, Kim Possible, Phineas & Ferb, and Kick Buttowski are made by people around my age. I watched it with Christina and a little girl and though they laughed I was dying watching this cartoon.


Gumball is a small blue cat that has almost no self control. If he wants to do something he will, he will never admit he is wrong, and fails to do simple tasks because he gets bored easily. Damn it. That sounds almost like me. Moving on! He also has a friend named Darwin. it’s a fish…kinda. Gumball bought him as a pet but he grew arms and legs and started talking so they family adopted him. Darwin is a really nice and sweet “kid” and will do things with Gumball even though it always ends with explosions or pain. When they cry it’s the funniest damn thing!

This cartoon combines animation, CGI, and real life footage to create exactly the type of cartoons kids shouldn’t watch. There is this thing called frenetic energy where pretty much its when there is constant movement, constant action, and constant things happening. This cartoon is the definition of that. And I like it. Who cant love a show where there's a dinosaur and banana in the same class?!


I’ve mentioned so many times how it is hard to find good cartoons for kids to watch. Hell, for me to watch. Most are about robots fighting, kids having pets fight, or just shit that is not funny at all. Its just something colorful to have in the background. But this one had me laughing almost every minute or smiling waiting for craziness to occur. Click here to find your Happy Place!

Click here for previous TV Slut

No comments: