Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Theater Whore: Straight Outta Compton


Straight Outta Compton 7/10

Finally got a chance to check out the NWA based movie Straight Outta Compton. When thinking of how I'd rate it I had a hard time because I lived through this story. I guess this is what happens when you get older. I loved the group growing up and know almost all of their songs. I sided with Ice Cube after the group split up because he was fucking incredible. The acting was okay. Cube's son was good but everyone else seemed slightly off, like I could tell that they were acting. I would have liked to see them age or look different other than a couple of haircuts as well. And the guy playing Suge Knight was distractingly bad. This may have been better if the actual members were not involved because it felt like a cleaned up version of what NWA was. Its worth checking out but I'm kinda glad I waited.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

Click here for an episode of Ross Radio featuring NWA.

No comments: