Saturday, December 19, 2020

Documentality: Murder On Middle Beach


Murder On Middle Beach 8/10


Spoilers. I guess. Over the last few days I have watched this four episode docu-series called Murder On Middle Beach. I don't watch much crime stuff but I do tend to get caught up in the wave of a popular one like Tiger King or Wild Wild Country. This one I haven't heard many people talking about and am waiting for folks to catch up so we can discuss it. Also, while watching anything real life crime related I will point my accusatory finger at anyone. At different points I had three main suspects. Was I right? Likely not. No one knows. That's the kicker of this whole thing. Watching these also makes me realize how few family photos in my own family exist and the fact that there are zero family videos.



This is about the murder or a woman named Barbara Hamburg that was murdered outside her home. Brutally. The police have no leads though for the past ten years they say they have. There are people suspected like the daughter Ali, the estranged father Jeffrey, and some shady ass business dealings that the father may or may not have been involved in. Its nuts. This was made by the son named Madison. He started it in college as a project and continued making it after realizing that he was able to get information that the police could not. He starts interviewing his close family and secretly records conversations with both the police and his father. His father wants nothing to do with anything and gives up no information other than dogging the mom.



When this first started I was worried that the fact that Madison was the one doing this would make it so that his father would look guilty the entire time and focus on his possible involvement. That was not the case at all. This shined a light on so much that his own mother did that was shady as hell along with the rest of his family but no one came across like a villain. They came across like a normal ass family full of happiness and a shit ton of secrets that only certain people knew about and had trouble even discussing. If you have HBO you should check this out.

No comments: