Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Review: Underwater (2020)



Underwater 1/10

What the fuck was this? They didn't even bother to try and make a title. Today I watched this movie called Underwater. I heard of it earlier this year and watched the trailer but didn't really have a desire to watch it. But I was in between working on Perler beads so I figured I would check this out. It was trash. What makes me dislike this more than usual is the fact that by looking at it you can tell that actual effort was put into this. The special effects look great. The water, the explosions, and set. The way the suits look. All great. But the story is 99 Cent Store toilet paper thin. The characters have zero development and they try to squeeze some in as they are running from water and these sea creatures. They were drilling underwater and woke up some ancient shit. When the movie was ending I was like “Is this for real?” Then I saw how much it made compared to how much it cost and nodded because it made perfect sense. This movie wasn't scary. There was no suspense. Everyone was the character that dies in a movie. 2020 has been a shit year for movies.

Kristen Stewart as Norah Price

Vincent Cassel as W. Lucien

Mamoudou Athie as Rodrigo Nagenda

T.J. Miller as Paul Abel

John Gallagher Jr. as Liam Smith

Jessica Henwick as Emily Haversham

Gunner Wright as Lee Miller

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: