Monday, December 19, 2022

The Review: Black Adam


Black Adam 3/10


So I finally got around to watching the Black Adam movie. I don't have all that much to say about it because I didn't hate it but I can't say that I enjoyed it. It starts off with a backstory that turns out to sort of not be his own and then we're introduced to a bunch of brand new characters who aren't all that interesting. We have Hawkman who is supposed to be really good friends with Dr Fate because they told me so and when one of them dies it's supposed to be emotional but I felt absolutely nothing. There's also a dude that grows really tall who isn't interesting at all and the girl who can make wind. None of these people can beat Black Adam and it's kind of pathetic. All of the human characters are unrelatable and uninteresting and of course they have a young child that provides pure annoyance. The only thing I can truly say I liked about this movie was the portrayal of Black Adam. He looked just like the character and was cool himself but just surrounded by a lot of people that I did not care about whatsoever. The pacing of this film was all over the place. There would be a crazy action scene and then it would just slam on the brakes for uninteresting exposition. After I was done watching I looked up who wrote and directed this movie and that answered any question I had as to why I did not like this. I would like to see this character again but in a movie with an interesting villain and a far better story.

Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam

Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall/Hawkman

Sarah Shahi as Adrianna Tomaz

Marwan Kenzari as Ishmael Gregor

Quintessa Swindell as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone

Bodhi Sabongui as Amon Tomaz

Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: