Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sitting In The Aisle: Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania


Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania 8/10


So here is my late ass review for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. I had not seen a Marvel film in theaters since 2020 so I was super excited when L. and I went to go see this. I like the first Ant-Man okay but wasn't a huge fan of the villain but seem to like Ant-Man more as he popped up in other films. We were mostly excited to see the villain Kang the Conqueror in this because when he popped up and Loki it was incredible. This movie is about parents in their relationships with their children pretty much. I know that sounds weird but it makes sense.



Scott has his daughter Cassie and she is older now and getting arrested because she's trying to fight for the people. Meanwhile Scott is pushing his new book and always talking about being an Avenger but he does not want to do anything superhero related. One day Cassie ends up making an invention that sucks them into the quantum realm after setting off a beacon. Hope's mom Janet freaks out because she was stuck in the quantum realm for 30 years and had a whole new life and met a version of Kang. She realized that he was evil as hell a little bit too late and had to stop him but the entire time he's been building up an army in the quantum realm and there's people fighting against him. This movie had better effects better action and a better story than the previous Ant-Man film even though that little girl in that was a great actress.



This movie had a scene that I cannot remember that made me crack up laughing but I think it had to do with the character who was obsessed with bodies having holes. The addition of MODOK was also cool even though it was very different than the comic book version it still made sense and it was funny. The end credit scenes which there were two of were both awesome and setting up for the second season of Loki as well as cane as a great villain in future Marvel films. I am so happy that these movies are learning that you do not have to kill the villain at the end of the film because they tend to have some really good ones but they end up dying and that's the end of them. I would like to watch this movie again when it's streaming so I can look for a little things I missed. This was a fun film but I don't know how much sense it would make if you have not seen the first Ant-Man film or at the very least the last episode of or two of Loki.

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man

Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne/Wasp

Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror

Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang

Click here for previous Sitting In The Aisle.

No comments: