Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Review: Everything Everywhere All At Once


Everything Everywhere All At Once 10/10


How do I even begin to describe the movie Everything Everywhere All At Once? The basic premise is that it's about this lady who's a Chinese American immigrant who works at a laundromat with her husband they ended up coming to America and she had a daughter named Joy. She ends up going to the IRS because they're being audited and suddenly her husband begins acting like another person and tries to quickly explain to her that he is from a multiverse and that there is someone on the hunt and killing them and versions of this lady who works at the laundromat. The next thing you know there is some of the best fight choreograph choreography I've ever seen and an actual incredible story about family.



I was shocked when I found out how little this movie cost to make and how it was put together because it rivals films I've seen that have cost more than 10 times as much as this one. This movie was funny, it was touching at parts, the storyline thankfully was not confusing to me because I've seen so many Marvel films that have multiverses. This was all around an incredible film that I plan on watching again. It was very difficult to find streaming so I just signed up for Showtime for one week through my Hulu so I could watch it. I tried finding other things to watch on Showtime and there was absolutely nothing so this film was pretty much the only thing worth watching on there.



I'm sure this is the kind of movie that will not be for everyone but I managed to dodge every kind of spoiler before seeing this so when I watched it I went into it fresh and just sat here with my mouth open most of the time either laughing or wondering what the hell was going on and how they thought to even do a story like this. This movie was incredible and definitely deserved all the awards that it got. Great music great acting great editing great story. I really could go on and on about how much I enjoyed this movie. Hopefully more people get a chance to see it because I had heard of this film while it was in theaters but it seemed like it came and went kind of fast.

Michelle Yeoh as Evelyn Quan Wang

Stephanie Hsu as Joy Wang

Ke Huy Quan as Waymond Wang

James Hong as Gong Gong

Jamie Lee Curtis as Deirdre Beaubeirdre

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: