Thursday, August 27, 2026

The Review: The Long Walk


The Long Walk 3/10


This is not going to be very long because I don't have too much to say about a movie that has such a basic plot. I ended up splitting this into two parts because I was waiting for it to improve and it just did not because the movie is what it is: a long walk. So the basic premise is that 50 boys from every state in America are picked and they have to keep a pace of three miles an hour and if they go slower than that after a few warnings they are shot and killed. The reason they are doing this is because the winner gets to make a wish. The story mainly focuses on one of the kids and I think the biggest surprise of this movie was how it ended. I believe I would have enjoyed this more if I had seen previous winners and/or what they receive for their wish. I wonder what is not allowed as a wish. I wonder what happens if you don't make a wish. How long until you have to make a wish? I didn't know enough about the characters or the history of this program to really care so when it ended I just shrugged. It is just “Hi, my name is Victim 12! I am gonna wish for money! Ow! My foot hurt!” Bang!!! This could have been a segment on a anthology series.


Cooper Hoffman as Raymond "Ray" Garraty

David Jonsson as Peter "Pete" McVries

Garrett Wareing as Billy Stebbins

Tut Nyuot as Arthur "Art" Baker

Charlie Plummer as Gary Barkovitch

Mark Hamill as the Major


Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: