Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Review: Justice League Gods And Monsters


I finally got around to watching Justice League Gods And Monsters and I didn't enjoy it all that much. I had watched the shorts and got the same feeling I did when watching the movie which was I felt like there had been an entire series that I somehow had no idea about. It is a very different take on the DC Universe which could easily work if there had been individual films about each of the characters. As it is, each was told through flashbacks that should have been at the beginning of the movie and gone from there.

In this version Superman is the son of General Zod but on Earth after crashing as a baby is found by a Mexican couple who name him Hernan Guerra. He's a dick but effective. Batman is not Bruce Wayne but instead Kirk Langstrom who is normally Man-Bat. He was sick, took an injection, became a vampire. Its silly. And Wonder Woman is a New God named Bekka whose husband Orion was slaughtered and she tapped out and came to Earth. Its weak.


This had great everything but story. The art, animation, and tone were good but I just couldn't care about any of the characters because they were just odd versions of what I was used to. Even with the help of the short films I wasn't all that into this. DC is normally really good for their animated films but this was one of their rare missteps they have every year or so.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: