Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Review: Knives Out



Knives Out 10/10

So tonight I finally watched Knives Out. I didn't have a powerful desire to see this when it was coming out. I hadn't even watched the trailer and couldn't remember who was in it. I just knew it was a mystery story. Holy crap, this movie was good! It was so good that I refuse to spoil it in case some of y'all want to check this out on Amazon. I don't watch as many mystery movies as I used to because they started getting lazy. What I mean by that is the movies would be something you could possibly solve but then they would show some shit that never appeared in the movie and ta-daaaaa! Credits. This is one of those movies I will definitely watch again to see what I missed.


This is about a crime writer that passes away and his family, who are all garbage people, start to turn on each other and the guys nurse. They want all that money and anything else he left behind. The family is spoken to by detectives and a private detective who does not know who even hired him to help solve this case. Everything about this movie was good. The acting. The directing. The music. The way the movie looked was incredible. The story made me gasp and laugh like an idiot. I tried my best to figure out who did what to who and was wrong because I am the worst detective. This is a long movie but I cant think of anything that could be cut out and still make the movie make sense. I highly recommend this and if I had seen it sooner for sure it would have made my list of best movies of 2019. Click here to check that out.

Daniel Craig as Benoit Blanc
Chris Evans as Ransom Drysdale
Ana de Armas as Marta Cabrera
Jamie Lee Curtis as Linda Drysdale
Michael Shannon as Walt Thrombey
Don Johnson as Richard Drysdale
Toni Collette as Joni Thrombey
Lakeith Stanfield as Detective Lieutenant Elliott
Katherine Langford as Meg Thrombey
Jaeden Martell as Jacob Thrombey
Christopher Plummer as Harlan Thrombey
Riki Lindhome as Donna Thrombey
Edi Patterson as Fran
Frank Oz as Alan Stevens
K Callan as Wanetta Thrombey
Noah Segan as Trooper Wagner

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: