Wednesday, February 17, 2021

The Review: Judas And The Black Messiah



Judas And The Black Messiah 9/10


This movie was incredible. I heard about Judas And The Black Messiah and the cast really made me wanna check this out. I sadly did not and still do not know much about the history of the Black Panther party. I have heard things and seen films about them but didn't know enough. This is the story of Fred Hampton and the Chicago chapter of the Black Panther's and the FBI using a mole named Bill O'Neal to go undercover and feed them information in the hopes of stopping them. You have no idea how mad I was watching this knowing that O'Neal was dirty. This guy was the definition of selfish. He got arrested after stealing a car and to trim time off his sentence started using bugs, lies, and even trying to give the group damn super weapons to get them arrested. Other than the fact that Hampton was trying to do some good and paid for it with his life I was shocked at how influential he was at such a young age. He was killed at just the age if 21 which is fucking bananas to me. Great acting, music, directing, and story. Check this out on HBO Max which is by far one of the best channels right now. I'm not saying too much about it because I want folks to watch this.

Daniel Kaluuya as Fred Hampton

Lakeith Stanfield as William "Bill" O'Neal

Jesse Plemons as Roy Mitchell

Dominique Fishback as Deborah Johnson

Ashton Sanders as Jimmy Palmer

Martin Sheen as J. Edgar Hoover

Darrell Britt-Gibson as Bobby Rush

Lil Rel Howery as Wayne

Algee Smith as Jake Winters

Jermaine Fowler as Mark Clark

Dominique Thorne as Judy Harmon

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: