Sunday, June 6, 2021

The Review: Tenet


Tenet 1/10


I legit couldn't tell you what this movie was about. I wanted to see Tenet in theaters after seeing the trailer last year. I was hype as shit for this movie. But as the year dragged on and it kept being pushed back I lost interest. It came out on HBO Max and I still waited to check it out until a couple of days ago. It starts off action packed and that was cool...for a few minutes. That is something in this movie I noticed. The action goes on way too long and sometimes is shown twice in rewind. I'm not gonna get into the plot of this because it made no sense to me. I wasn't interested in any of the characters or whether or not this reality or the backwards one survived by the time this ended. I'm glad I didn't see this in theaters, though. I pictured me sitting there making no sound and just watching things happen on the screen. Lots of things happened but they are either confusing or uninteresting. Halfway through and a lot of things weren't clear to me and it made me question whether or not I was paying attention. I was. It was just that the story was unfolding in a way that had me waiting for answers and when I got them I either didn't care or it still made no sense. I couldn't suggest this to anyone. I didn't give it a 0/10 because I finished it and it looked good. The sound was trash though. I don't know what the fuck happened to this movie.

John David Washington as the Protagonist

Robert Pattinson as Neil

Elizabeth Debicki as Katherine “Kat” Barton

Michael Caine as Sir Michael Crosby

Kenneth Branagh as Andrei Sator

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: