Tuesday, November 9, 2021

The Review: Dune



Dune ???/10


A couple of weeks ago I watched Dune on HBO Max. I have not read the books. I have not watched the previous films though I did know they existed. I also knew there were giant worms in the sand. What do I know after watching? The worms are bigger than I thought. I honestly don't know what to even say about this movie. It wasn't bad at all. The sound was cool. The movie looked cool. I just don't know what the fuck I watched. There is this young dude that has a special power that is a legend and he is gonna save folk. There is space politics. People that bath in juices. Water is valuable. I know I sound dumb and that is because I sat here for a couple hours and just said “What happened?” I also didn't know that this was half a story. Just when things were revving up there were credits. That didn't help. So yeah. Folks who know this story loved it. So there's that.

Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides

Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica

Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: