Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Review: Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers


Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 9/10


This movie was fucking good! I didn't even wanna watch this. I heard it was a thing and then L. and I ended up watching and laughing a lot. I thought this would be some cheap version of the original cartoon that I enjoyed but they made it like Chip and Dale were real ass things and had a whole career and lives outside the show. Humans just live with cartoons Roger Rabbit style. Dale decides to leave the original series to spin off on his own after feeling as if he is just the butt of every joke. He ends up having a B-list career whip Chip goes on to work at an insurance agency. One day Monterey Jack calls up Chip because he is in trouble with the Valley Gang because he is addicted to stinky cheese and owes money to Sweet Pete aka an older Peter Pan whose career ended when he aged. Pete takes these characters, straight up bootlegs them, and makes cheap version of famous films. Its honked up but I laughed too hard at what they did to Flounder from The Little Mermaid. They end up working with the police, specifically a fan named Ellie who I thought was dirty, then not, then dirty again.



This movie was full of characters from cartoons from when I grew up and some new stuff sprinkled in that I knew because I have friends with kids. They managed to make this feel like that Tom & Jerry movie from last year where I was able to still enjoy it because I for sure am not a fan of most of the animated movies that come out now which is sad considering I used to draw all the time and watched years worth of cartoons. A few voices I had to get used to because they were too recognizable but got over it as the story went on. Check this out if you watched cartoons in the 80's or 90's. Hell, they got characters from all time periods!

John Mulaney as Chip

Andy Samberg as Dale

Will Arnett as Sweet Pete

Eric Bana as Monterey Jack

Keegan-Michael Key as Bjornson the Cheesemonger

Seth Rogen as Bob

J. K. Simmons as Captain Putty

KiKi Layne as Ellie Steckler

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: