Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Review: Fantastic Beasts The Secrets of Dumbledore


Fantastic Beasts The Secrets of Dumbledore 7/10


Thanks to L. I have now seen every Harry Potter movie as well as Fantastic Beasts and Crimes Of Grindelwald. This is not gonna be a flat out review of the movie. I enjoyed it but the more I think about it I can't get over the fact that Johnny Depp was replaced the way he was (though he still got paid because “pay or play” exists) and while the new actor they chose is okay I was digging the hell out of Depp in the role, especially in the second film. I would have loved to see how he would have been in this and in some alternate universe he is in this and rocked that shit. Hell, they could have just lade up one line like “Grindelwald has used a spell and changed his appearance!” They kept the fucking problem child in this movie who has been a problem for a long ass time in this but not the guy that hasn't been convicted of a crime. Okay. I'm done ranting about that. I try to leave real life shit out of the stuff I watch but with this is felt weird not to considering the shit is still going on.



This movie filled in a lot of information that was missing. Like the fact that Dumbledore (Albus) and Grindelwald were lovers. What happened to the sister Dumbledore. The fact that Credence is for sure a Dumbledore. This was all cool information but I wanted more weird animals. I told L. that I would like one of these movies but it is not connected to Dumbledore of Potter. Just him on adventures looking for or battling weird ass creatures because those were my favorite parts of the previous movies. I did like the return of characters and the introductions of ones like Lally. When she was kicking ass I actually said out loud “Damn, she is efficient!” I'm used to folks whipping out wands and things going wrong or them getting snatched away. She did some cool shit with books. I also laughed like a damned idiot when those little scorpion/crab things were hypnotized by Newt's hip swiveling. I seriously could not get enough of that and want more of it. Like, let's get weird.

Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander

Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore

Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone/Aurelius Dumbledore

Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski

Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein

William Nadylam as Yusuf Kama

Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander

Jessica Williams as Eulalie "Lally" Hicks

Mads Mikkelsen as Gellert Grindelwald

Victoria Yeates as Bunty

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: