Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Review: It Happened On 5th Avenue


It Happened On 5th Avenue 8/10


I don't have too much to say about this movie. I don't mean that in a bad way because this was probably the most Christmassy Christmas movie I have ever seen in my life. This is about a hobo who likes to stay in rich people's homes over the holidays while they're gone. He ends up shacking up with this soldier who has no place to stay and while they're there this girl sneaks in it turns out to be the owner's daughter but they don't know that. So while they're staying there they end up inviting a lot of other people who have no place to stay and pretty much turning the place into a free hotel. The owner of the place ends up coming and he wants them all out but the daughter convinces him to play along and pretend to be somebody else because she's in love with the soldier. That's about it. This movie was very happy, very cheerful, and made me feel all of the holidays and I would seriously suggest adding this to your Christmas movie watching list. I had never even heard of this movie. I think my only complaint would be that the hobo in question begins to take his role a little bit too seriously and bossing people around.

Don DeFore as Jim Bullock

Gale Storm as Trudy O'Connor

Victor Moore as Aloyisius T. McKeever

Charles Ruggles as Michael J. "Mike" O'Connor

Ann Harding as Mary O'Connor

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: