Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Review: The Bad Batch


The Bad Batch 1/10

I think I am on a streak of watching shit films and gotta be careful. I decided to watch this movie The Bad Batch on Netflix after remembering seeing a cool trailer a while back and decided to give it a try. As soon as I saw Jason Momoa was in it I should have stopped but I am not a quitter, damn it! I just give up...slowly. So this girl named Arlen played by Suki Waterhouse is kicked out of a gate into a place that is considered not a part of America so anything goes. And by anything I mean cannibals because less than a day after being released she is taken by these two ladies who drug her and saw off her arm and leg for food because dirt people, am I right?!


She finds a skateboard and starts scooting across the desert and is found by a dirt person played by Jim Carrey who does not say a word this entire film. He takes her to this town called Comfort where she gets a fake leg. Meanwhile Momoa known as Miami Man who has a wife and child eat people. One day the wife and child go out scavenging for shit and the girl spots them, talks shit, and shoots the mom in the head because all dirt people are the same to her. She takes the girl and heads to a rave being run by Keanu Reeves. I am not joking. This movie exists. Arlen loses the kid at the rave and Miami Man finds out from Jim Carrey where his kid is after finding his wife's body. The rest of this is nonsense.


I was worried when I saw this was written and directed by the same person. I was right to have been. I am not sure who this movie is for really. It was not fun, cool, funny, scary, or anything. It was like I just felt like having mumbling talking and gibberish on my screen for a long time. This movie was way longer than it needed to be. If this was an hour it would have been a little better. I guess you can watch if you wanna see Momoa in tattoos that look brand spanking new because movies have still not perfected the art of making tattoos look aged in any way.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: