Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Theater Whore: Sorry To Bother You



Sorry To Bother You 10/10

I'm not even sure how to talk about this movie without spoiling everything so I am gonna be vague as all fuck. Even if you see the trailer for this you won't get a bit of what this movie is truly about. I saw this after Camille told me about seeing it and saying that even though she has not seen many movies this year this is the best one. I saw it this morning and was blown the hell away by it. The basic version is that this is a guy named Cassius Green played by Lakeith Stanfield (who was the best part of War Machine) that needs a job and gets one as a telemarketer. He is told by a coworker that he sounds too Black and he says that his Black friends tell him he sounds too White. He tries out a new voice and becomes extremely successful at work and is promoted. Shit gets stranger from there.


The rest of this cast is also good. His girlfriend Detroit played by Tessa Thompson who I loved in Thor Ragnarok. His friend Salvador played by Jermaine Fowler had me cracking the hell up. One of my favorite people in this among so many is Steve Lift played by Armie Hammer. If you liked him in Free Fire then be prepared for some more of that. I am gonna stop because I don't even want to say what kind of movie this is. I did tell Camille that if Get Out was not so successful that this would not have been given a chance. I'll do something with more spoilers after this gets a wider release and more of y'all have seen it. I may do an audio version too since every review on Youtube is a gaggle of White dudes with beards that miss subtle shit.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

No comments: