Thursday, February 6, 2020

Upcoming Marvel Films Excitement Levels 2



Marvel has a lot of new movies coming out this and next year as well as a bunch of new TV series that all manage to look good somehow. I am gonna write about five of the next set of movies and how excited I am about them. Hint: way more excited than I was about the DC ones. Deal with it. 

Black Widow


Excitement Level – 5/5

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pughm, David Harbour, and Rachel Weisz

You know what made me want to see this movie even more than I originally wanted to? A damned video essay on Youtube by Implicitly Pretentious (click to watch). I liked her character but was so used to her that I didn't appreciate her character. I watched Iron Man 2 again and forgot how she was even introduced into the MCU. That video essay showed her character through all of the films and how she fit into the group, related to characters, and grew far more than I realized. I didn't know how the hell they planned on even making this considering on how Endgame, well, ended. The trailer for this looks cool as hell and I am mad interested to see some of the characters they will introduce. I'll be seeing this the first day it comes out.

The Eternals


Excitement Level – 4/5

Cast: Richard Madden, Gemma Chan, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, Don Lee, Barry Keoghan, Angelina Jolie, and Kit Harington

If not for Thor and Guardians Of The Galaxy a movie like this would be straight up laughable. Those previous films made this earn the right to do some crazy shit like make a film about an entire group that likely most people have not heard of. I want this movie to be weird as hell and if they go all out with it in terms of a good story and special effects my ass is gonna be sitting in the theater squealing.


Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings


Excitement Level – 4/5

Cast: Simu Liu and Tony Leung

They are not playing around with this movie. They have hired Asians to write, direct, and star in this. None of that Iron Fist bullshit happening here! I have read maybe two comics based off this character and am excited to check it out. You don't think I wanna see MCU level production with karate mixed in the shit?! Are you crazy?! This is supposed to have the Mandarin in it and I am so happy because even going as far back as they first Iron Man movie they have been teasing this shit and ended up dropping a Cleveland steamer on my chest that I did not ask for by having an actor playing a character of the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. When I did not give a shit about Iron Man growing up my only exposure to him was through cartoons and the Mandarin was his main villain so I was like cool, they gonna have him. Nah. Hopefully he kicks all the ass in this.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness


Excitement Level – 5/5

Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, and Benedict Wong

I loved the first film way more than I expected to. Doctor Strange was a tripped ass movie that I feel bad for people that didn't see it in theaters. This is supposed to tie into the Wanda/Vision series that I'll be watching. There recently was a report saying that Sam Raimi was going to direct this and I shit myself and could not stop crying. Huge fan of the guy and can't even begin to imagine what he would do with a movie like this. The title alone is enough to get me all kinds of hype but I already know that my body is not ready for what I'm gonna see.

Thor: Love and Thunder


Excitement Level – 5/5

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, and Natalie Portman

Don't care what this is even about. I straight up just want to see more of Thor doing cool shit in space. Likely space. I think. Portman coming back is shocking and she is gonna be the lady Thor! Fuck me this is gonna be cool! And Taika Waititi is directing it so I know I am gonna laugh like an idiot.

Click here for previous Excitement Levels.

No comments: