Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Review: No Sudden Move


No Sudden Move 8/10


This was a damn good movie. No Sudden Move is on HBO Max and it is an actual movie. Like, one you would've seen in a theater. L. and I decided to check this out and I'm glad we did because I love a good heist movie. In the early 1950's in Detroit his dude named Curt needs five grand so he can get the hell out of town. He gets hired to threaten someone for information. There is another dude named Ronald who seems shady as hell which is saying a lot because almost everyone in this movie is shady and dirty. And of course no caper is complete without one unhinged ass teammate and his name is Charley. I can not even begin to really explain everything that happens in this movie without spoiling everything and/or not doing this movie justice. Just take my word for it (if you're someone who reads my reviews and trusts my opinion). This is good. It has the perfect balance of drama, comedy, and crime so that it sort of flies by. You might also be surprised by who shows up in this (I left names out). My only complaint really is that the camera looks really weird at certain points. Almost like a fish eyed lens was used or something.

Don Cheadle as Curt Goynes

Benicio del Toro as Ronald Russo

David Harbour as Matt Wertz

Kieran Culkin as Charley

Brendan Fraser as Doug Jones

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: