Friday, June 5, 2015

The Review: Bronson

I finally got around to watching the movie Bronson starring Tom Hardy. I was hoping for a really cool film because all I knew about it was that it was based off the true story of a guy named Michael Peterson that changed his name to Charles Bronson after the actor. 

This is about Peterson who lives a life of violent crime and spends most of his life in solitary confinement. When he is not there he is causing havoc. When he is on the outside he wants to make a name for himself and fights underground and eventually dogs. This is from the same director that did Drive which I enjoyed quite a bit which means out of the three films he's directed I liked one. 

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Not because of the violence which there is plenty of or for the ladies that wanna see his wang flopping around. The pacing of this stinks and there is just too many ideas thrown in the air and instead of being left on the cutting room floor were put in. Some things just sound cooler on paper. I didn't laugh, cringe, or feel any kind of hope while watching this. It was like reading the autobiography for someone I don't care for which I've done before. It feels like it thinks its being clever when its mostly just psychotic. One thing that was done well was the soundtrack.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: