Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Review: Mapleworth Murders


Mapleworth Murders 10/10


A few days ago while hanging with L. we turned on the Roku and on the main menu it showed this show called Mapleworth Murders. She said “What in the Murder She Wrote...?” and we decided to check this out. We immediately started laughing at this damn show. We were getting into it when suddenly the episode ended. Same with the next and so forth. Each one is less than like nine minutes long so the show flies by. If you watch this on Youtube you can finish it in about an hour and a half. Consisting of twelve episodes there are four cases lasting three episodes. It is about a writer named Abigail Mapleworth that lives in this quaint little town that has a high murder rate. One day her niece Heidi moves in with her and helps her solve crimes.



I'm dead serious when I say this was one of the funniest and interesting shows I have ever seen. I have been laughing at scenes days later when they cross my mind. I said at one point that these short episodes was like what Quibi was doing and it turns out that this originally aired on it in 2020. This explains why I and no one I know had ever heard a single thing about it. I don't throw around 10/10 scores. If you don't like this show I don't know what to tell you. It made me crack the hell up every episode. There are constantly new people popping up that you know from comedy.

Paula Pell as Abigail Mapleworth

Hayley Magnus as Heidi

John Lutz as Gilbert Pewntz

J. B. Smoove as Chief Billy Bills

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: