Friday, December 7, 2012

"Bad Ass Mofo": Clifton Collins Jr.


This weeks Bad Ass Mofo is one of those actors that you’ve seen dozens of times and probably didn’t know it was the same guy. He can go from doing the most dramatic movie to popping up and making you go “Wait, what the hell?” Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Clifton Collins Jr.!


Born in Los Angeles, CA (whoop whoop!) he is the descendant of actor Pedro Gonzalez-Gonzalez. Like his grandson even if you don’t know his name you know his face. Clifton has appeared in films that I saw years ago and didn’t even realize it was him like Stoned Age, Menace II Society, Poetic Justice, Dead Presidents, The Replacement Killers, Tigerland, Traffic, Rules Of Attraction…want me to keep going? The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit, Crank: High Voltage, and Star Trek a few years ago. This guy keeps busy!


Being half German half Mexican he has played White characters with blond hair to Latino gang members and in every role has been believable as hell. The first film I saw him in where I thought “This guy is amazing!” was The Last Castle. If you haven’t seen that film you should check it out. He randomly ops up in films like Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World as a vegan cop and a crazy ass drug dealer in The FP.


One movie that he’s best known for is Capote. It was this movie where I went “Uh…why isn’t this guy being nominated for more awards?” Then I saw him in Boondock Saints II and went “Oh, that’s why.” I think the fact that he is so awesome may actually be hurting him if that makes any sense. Next time you see a flick with him remember that its Clifton Collins Jr. and not Cliff Curtis like I used to do.

Because he'll show up to your job looking like this.

Click here for previous Bad Ass Mofo.

No comments: