Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Review: Bushwick



Bushwick 5/10

I wanted to like this movie Bushwick more than I did and I'll explain why I did not. This stars Dave Bautista as Stupe and Brittany Snow as Lucy. Lucy and her man arrive in Bushwick via subway and they notice how quiet and empty it is. Then a guy on fire runs into the station and her dude runs to see what is going on. He gets blown up and Lucy immediately races into the waiting arms of danger and gets shot at by a militia and almost sexually assaulted by some guys until Stupe beats one to death and helps her. The rest of the movie is them trying to find out why the city is on fire and people are rioting. They find out and I go “Maybe...but no. People are not that organized. Or secretive.”


This film is fine when Bautista is in control of a scene but when Snow starts talking I just kept saying “Damn, I wish another actress was doing this!” They use a one shot/take style in this and I would have been able to ignore the shaky CGI at times and the fact that a militia was weaponized so quickly and efficiently without millions knowing if she did not distract me so often with her acting. Seriously. Almost every time she talked the words “Acting in a movie!” should have popped up on the screen. Still, Bautista needs more dramatic movie roles. He's really good in this.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: