Friday, May 8, 2020

The Review: Bumblebee



Bumblebee 8/10

Shocked that I enjoyed this movie. The other Transformer movies were garbage. I watched two and didn't realize that three more happened. I knew there were more but not that many. I randomly decided to check Bumblebee out after a few people said it was good. They were right. From the very beginning I knew this would be good just because the Autobots looked like Autobots and Decepticons looked like Decepticons. That was one of the biggest complaints I had about previous movies. None of the characters looked like who they were supposed to be. Not to mention that when they fought I couldn't tell what the hell was going on. This movie had a simple story that managed to not get boring and characters that were the right amount of what they needed to be. Meaning the bullies were bully enough. The annoying brother stopped just short of being intolerable. The touching moments stopped...uh...touching right when they needed to. It was well done.


A girl named Charlie who is turning 18 is mourning the death of her father still as her mom's new fiance tries to cheer her up. She finds a car and eventually gets it and it turns out to be Bumblebee. He was sent to Earth after the Autobots got destroyed during a battle and is bring tracked by evil Decepticons. Some complaints I have is the music. The music is not bad. Matter of fact I knew every song that was played but there seemed to be so many. No, I'm not talking about when Bumblebee used music to speak. Also, the military characters were ultra military characters and felt out of place with this movie. This movie had some really cool action sequences and I would like to see more movies from this director and writers because it felt like they understood the characters more than previous films did.

Hailee Steinfeld as Charlie Watson
John Cena as Jack Burns
Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Guillermo "Memo" Gutierrez
John Ortiz as Dr. Powell
Jason Drucker as Otis Watson
Pamela Adlon as Sally Watson
Stephen Schneider as Ron

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: