Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Review: Altered Carbon Resleeved



Altered Carbon Resleeved 6/10

So I was sitting here tired of watching nothing but YouTube and checked my Netflix to see what I could find. I stumbled upon this Altered Carbon: Resleeved animated movie. Had zero idea it existed and came out two months ago. Did anyone even see this? Maybe not. That second season was trash and I couldn't even finish it. I liked the first season but didn't as much after reading the book. Okay. Click here to see my review of season one, here for season two, and here where I wrote about the biggest differences between the series and the book. Ain't got time to be sitting here recapping shit I've recapped already.


This animated movie was the best representation of what I would imagine a great series about Takeshi Kovacs would be. He wakes up in a new sleeve (body) in a sex club and has been assigned to protect a young girl named Holly. During an escape they come across this cool ass woman named Gena who is part of a squad and is hired to take out the young girl. This movie is full of all kinds of double crosses. The animation was done well. Took a few minutes for me to get used to it. The fight scenes were by far my favorite part of the movie. The voices didn't really fit almost any of the characters but the style and battles kept me distracted enough to keep watching. I liked when Kovacs' life and sister were brought up. I really liked (and what made me keep watching from the start) was when he woke in a new sleeve it was time to get to work. No stupid freak out scene. Could you imagine hiring someone who went insane as soon as they opened their eyes? I would definitely watch another movie done this way with a random adventure of Kovacs. I really liked that character.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: