Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The Review: A Christmas Story


A Christmas Story 8/10


This is the first time I had ever seen A Christmas Story. I know. I know! What I could recall about knowing this movie existed was a lamp with a lady's leg and some kid getting his tongue stuck to a pole. That is it. So L. was as upset about this as when I said I had never watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Yes, I have now watched that as well. I liked it. So with A Christmas Story I could relate to this kid so much with wanting just one single toy. He wanted a rifle but his mom, his teacher, and even Santa Claus told him that he would shoot his eye out of he got it and I'll be damned if when taking his very first shot with the gun he nicked his cheek, knocked his glasses off, and then stepped on them. It was a lot. There were some scenes that made me bust up laughing like the lunatic bullies who chased him every day, Flick crying for help when he got stuck to that pole, and the little brother Randy falling on his bike like a turtle. The movie also flew by. I'm not sure why I never watched this even as an adult but I am glad that I got to see it now.

Peter Billingsley as Ralphie Parker

Ian Petrella as Randy Parker

Melinda Dillon as Mrs. Parker

Darren McGavin as Mr. Parker 

Scott Schwartz as Flick

R. D. Robb as Schwartz

Zack Ward as Scut Farkus

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: