Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Review: Last Night In Soho


Last Night In Soho 4/10


I watched the movie Last Night In Soho a few weeks ago and it took me a while to figure out whether I liked this movie and what rating I would give it. When comparing it to the other directors films this one is by far my least favorite. I've watched the rest minimum five times but feel zero desire to watch this one again. If I was grading this on how it looked it would be a 10/10 because it looked great. But things worked against it that are all on me. Not a fan of one of the stars and the other annoyed me with her voice. But still. Great looking movie. This movie is about a skittish young woman who sees her dead mother and is obsessed with London in the 60's. She heads there for fashion school though he aunt warns her how London ate her mother alive.



In London she is treated like shit and meets one nice guy. She moves into a place off campus in a room an older lady is renting. When the girl sleeps she dreams that she is both the reflection and this young woman from then. She experiences her life and when she awakens she is gone. Over time the two worlds start to cross and she starts to see angry spirits that try to attack her. I figured out the ending by the midway point of this so when the reveal happened I felt like “Yeah, Seems pretty obvious.” I just didn't dig this movie and was disappointed with the acting.

Thomasin McKenzie as Eloise "Ellie" Turner

Anya Taylor-Joy as Sandie

Diana Rigg as Ms. Collins

Matt Smith as Jack

Michael Ajao as John

Terence Stamp as Lindsay

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: