Sunday, March 8, 2015

New Image Of Supergirl Released

New images have been released for the new CBS series Supergirl starring Melissa Benoist. I have no idea who she is but she looks the part. Supergirl is one of those characters that is very easy to mimic in real life. Just slap an outfit on a blond chick and there you go. 

I've never been a huge fan of Supergirl but after seeing how much I've enjoyed The Flash on CW I'll give it a shot. I just hope she doesn't have a civilian life. She is either Kara Zor-El or Supergirl. She isn't like Superman with his Clark Kent stuff. The story for this series seems to be that Kara was taken in by a family, the Danvers, when she was 12 after she was sent from Krypton. She keeps her powers secret from the world until during a disaster she reveals them. 

The president of the CW Mark Pedowitz, said that he is open to a crossover between Flash and Arrow since they are under the same banner. CW is owned by CBS. CBS president Nina Tassler stated “Those two shows are on a different network. So I think we'll keep Supergirl to ourselves for awhile.” Yeah...but no. Arrow got started from Smallville. Flash got started from Arrow. Supergirl needs to have some sort of connection to another show. That is the best thing about all these superhero shows and movies. The crossover. I'm not saying that Supergirl isn't strong enough to not carry her own show but that is exactly what I'm saying. 

No comments: