Tuesday, March 31, 2015

You Had One Job: Jesse Eisenberg As Lex Luthor

I am a generally positive person. I know that some people think that I just like to complain about things before they are released, heard, or thought of. But that is only half true. I like good shit. I love good movies. But I'll be damned if I am not being dared to not see the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice movie. Why? Its not the fact that Wonder Woman looks like Xena. Well, it kinda is. Then there's Aquaman looking like he belongs in White Zombie. The biggest complaint I've heard is Ben Affleck playing Batman which I am fine with. Dude is now built like a brick shit house. But they have recently released images of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and I could not disagree with the decision to have him as that character or in this movie more.

Looking back at the films of his that I have seen he tends to be a weasel. Yes, Luthor can be one as well but in a strong way if that makes any sense. I picture Superman looking at this guy and just laughing at him as a threat. There is nothing scary about this guy unless he was walking towards your job with a duffel bag after being laid off. I liked the Man of Steel movie while many thought it was too dark. Now I am starting to know how they feel. Every image for this new movie is a upset looking superhero. There just may be absolutely no humor in this film. Hell, even Avengers had some laughs in it and aliens were destroying a city.

Click here for previous You Had One Job.

No comments: