Sunday, October 19, 2014

Upcoming DC Films Excitement Levels


DC Films has released a list of ten upcoming films. Some of these are really worth being excited about while others are highly questionable. If you're not a fan of superheroes you are gonna hate the next 15 years of movies and television because the market is seriously being flooded with them. The problem with some of these is that the latter ones seem to depend on the success of the former.

Sony, that own the Marvel character Spiderman had set up for a Sinister Six movie but after the way the second film of the reboot did that idea has seemed to go away for now. I can easily see the same happening with some of these.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)


Excitement Level: 2/5

When I first heard of this film I was happy because I enjoyed Man of Steel though many felt it was too dark. For the first time I enjoyed footage when Superman was not on screen. With this new movie I liked the choice of Affleck as Batman. But then I heard about the casting of Lex Luther. Then Wonder Woman being played by Gal Gadot. Then all the other Justice League cast members joining and my level of excitement dropped considerably. I'll see this movie unless there is something cooler out at the time.

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)


Excitement Level: 3/5

I would have laughed at this choice but after watching Assault On Arkham which made me give a damn about the characters I'm looking forward to this. I would say it is hard to make me care about characters I know little about but Guardians Of The Galaxy did exactly that and is one of the best comic book based movies I've ever seen. I think this could be surprisingly good.

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)


Excitement Level: 1/5

If they somehow manage to make her awesome in the Dawn Of Justice film then this will change. But as of now there is nothing about this movie that makes me want to see it.

Justice League Part One (2017)


Excitement Level: 2/5

This one I want to see a tiny bit just because it would be a chance to finally see a live version of the Justice League for the first time which has never happened. I don't count that terrible old series. This movie depends on all of the above films being awesome which is a lot to ask for. Even with the Avenger films they had stinkers like Thor. Twice.

The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)


Excitement Level: 2/5

I had to look up the actor for this and died laughing at the first image that popped up. I have seen absolutely nothing he has been in. I have only liked Flash in the animated series. To me he is just a smartass that runs fast. Not sure if that is something an entire film can be dedicated to.

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)


Excitement Level: 1/5

While I have no doubt that Aquaman can have a cool movie, I have zero faith in Momoa's ability to carry a film on his own. I have seen his acting and it is just terrible. I already know that as Aquaman he will just shout everything and growl because that is his range. If there was almost anyone else playing this part I'd be more into it, but as it is, the role is played by a guy most popular for playing a guy that just snarled.

Shazam (2019)


Excitement Level: 5/5

This should be awesome. I don't even care who is playing this guy. This is the most original of the movies coming out. This should be the most fun and just may Winter Soldier all of these films by being the one that seems least interesting but is the best one. Imagine a child being able to turn into a guy that can fight Superman. His villain, Black Adam, is supposed to be played by The Rock which is the coolest damned choice. Strange I'll be almost 40 years old when this comes out.

Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)


Excitement Level: 1/5

This depends on every film before this doing well which I do not see happening. I mean, what villain is cool enough for the entire team to face? This movie will have to take place in outer space or Earth is just destroyed.

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)


Excitement Level: 2/5

This kid has been in no films whatsoever but this could be cool just for the visuals alone. The actor playing Cyborg will be in his 30's by the time this even comes out. I say make his film as well as the other single ones before the Justice League. Make us give a damn before they get together.

Green Lantern (2020)


Excitement Level: 1/5

Oh, you're not fooling me twice, DC! I saw the first film and how shitty it was. It wasn't just the bad effects, acting, and story. It is the fact that Green Lantern is a very uninteresting character. I can't get excited about this guy on any level. 

No comments: