Monday, October 20, 2014

DVDiculous: The Heat


I decided to watch The Heat after watching just the first few minutes last year, having a friend tell me she liked it in theaters, and my cousin recently bringing it up. It stars Sandra Bullock as FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn who is a tightass no one likes. Melissa McCarthy plays Boston Detective Shannon Mullins who is the same character she plays in every other film just more violent. This was done by a director who'd done movies I laughed at before so I wasn't too worried about that. The first few scenes I had seen before made me laugh.


The only thing I was worried about was a love interest being shoehorned into the movie or it getting too serious for itself like buddy comedies tend to do. Thankfully neither of those happened. This movie had good pacing and even when there was an incident that could've easily led it down the “Uh-oh, its time to get real!” moment it was really short and ended funny. 


My only real problem with this is how long it was. It isn't fun asking what time it is while watching a comedy and this went about 20 minutes longer than it needed to. Still wort checking out if you get the chance.

Click here for previous DVDiculous reviews. 

No comments: