Thursday, October 23, 2014

Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer Review


The new trailer for the movie Avengers: Age Of Ultron came out yesterday and I clapped like a little schoolgirl. Apparently it was leaked because I saw on the latest episode of Marvel: Agents Of SHIELD that it would debut next week. Thankfully I didn't have to wait because after the episode I have decided not to watch either for a while or never again. I'll talk about that show jumping the shark some other time.

Marvel has officially loaded the trailer online and as of this writing it has almost 20 million views. Maybe half that number would've watched the show next week to see the trailer. Sucks to be them. Anyhoot, the trailer looked incredible. But after watching it and seeing how bad ass Ultron looked I asked myself “Uh...who the hell is Ultron?” To the internets!



Ultron is a fictional character, a supervillain that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Though he has been used as an antagonist for many heroes, he is most recognized as a foe of the Avengers, and has a quasi-familial relationship with several of their members, especially his creator Hank Pym. He was the first Marvel Comics character to wield the fictitious metal alloy adamantium.”


That last part about the adamantium? I didn't know that. I did know that Tony Stark/Iron Man did not create him so I was kinda confused by it looking as if he did. I am guessing that Ultron is formed from Tony's cast aside Iron Man suits from the last Iron Man 3 film. You know, the one I like to pretend didn't happen. Ultron was created by Hank Pym aka Ant-Man but his movie hasn't come out yet, so screw that guy.


It would be easy to think that since Ultron isn't exactly well known that he couldn't be threatening or cool. I have faith in Marvel and their movies the last few years. Except Thor. Fuck those films. They got me to like Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo. That is damn near magical! And speaking of which...


Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are here and look as if they are working with Ultron. I feel kinda bad for Aaron Taylor-Johnson playing Quicksilver because Evan Peters kicked that roles ass (that was a very unintentional Kick-Ass joke that I will gladly wallow in) playing him in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. He continues to be awesome on American Horror Story.


There seems to be something terrible that happened. There is a city in rubble. The team looks miserable as hell. Hulk looks like he is coming down from a bad trip. Next thing you know there are explosions, Thor's choking Stark, there are ballerinas for some reason, and Iron Man in his Hulk Buster suit is fighting the Hulk in the middle of the street. Its chaos!


I will be seeing this as soon as it comes out if I am alive. I don't know where they are going with this afterward. I don't think Robert Downey Jr. is doing another Iron Man. Chris Evans says he wants to quit acting. Scarlett Johansson has a kid now. I was hoping that Coulson from SHIELD would come back as Vision somehow but I don't see that happening. Maybe I'll hear about it later because I won't find out watch AOS. Because that show sucks now. Okay, fine! This is why I am so mad about the show!


I was watching the show and as HYDRA walked towards one of the SHIELD agents undercover I heard bad acting. I said out loud “Wow, this lady is terrible.” I didn't even know who it was until she got closer to the screen. Then I shouted “God fuck shit no goddamn it no please stop no!” The same thing I say when I come too fast. This is Adrianne Palicki aka Wonder Woman's doom. Maybe she was on for just this one time. Nope. Coulson broke my heart and said she was on the team. So fuck watching that show anymore. Get hype for Ultron. 

No comments: