Sunday, October 5, 2014

Theater Whore: This Is Where I Leave You


This Is Where I Leave You 5/10

I decided to check out This Is Where I Leave You at the suggestion of my aunt. This is a movie about a father passing away and the mother forcing her adult children to stay together for a week. Of course every single one of them has terrible relationships that are made harder by being near one another. This isn't a terrible movie but I can't suggest it to anyone. I can see why some would like it but to me it felt like a lighthearted version of August Osage County. I was bothered by the fact that everyone knew exactly what to say to each other. It felt like this was written by a therapist that lives in a world where everything can be fixed with the proper way of saying fucked up things. The cast is full of people I like but it still wasn't enough to make me enjoy it.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

No comments: