Friday, December 15, 2017

The Review: The Greasy Strangler


The Greasy Strangler 2/10

I checked out this movie Koko recommended called The Greasy Strangler. She told me what it was about and it sounded silly as all hell so I decided to check it out. Meh. I could have waited to see this. The movie is about a guy named Big Ronnie that loves grease. Everything he eats is greasy and he even wants it in his coffee. His son Brayden is a weird ass guy and together they do a touring group where they show people fake disco history in their town. They just lie to folks and ditch them. There is also a guy that is going around strangling people and leaving a bunch of grease behind. Gee, I wonder who it could be...


There are so many ways that this movie could have been better. And it was way too long. There was a certain point where I thought it was ready to wrap up and it went on for another forty minutes. I wish there was some doubt about the father being the strangler. By the time this movie was ending it was fucking ridiculous and I had checked out. I don't even understand what was happening with the ending but was happy it was over. I know what this was going for in terms of tone and silliness but it didn't commit to either one enough.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: