Monday, January 7, 2019

The Review: Iron Man 2


Iron Man 2 (8/10)

Today I decided to break my own rule I just started by watching something I have seen before. I watched Iron Man 2 which I have not seen in years. Two years ago I re-watched Iron Man and it made me appreciate the amount of growth the character has had in all these years since it happened. I felt the same way watching this one. Iron Man 3 I don't wanna talk about. I forgot that the villain in this one, Whiplash played by Mickey Rourke, had a good reason to be upset and really got into Tony Stark's mind. Robert Downey Jr. was in the damned groove making this. I had forgotten how irresponsible Iron Man had become. This takes place months after the first film and Stark is getting drunk, having parties, and scaring the hell out of anyone associated with his company.


I also forgot that Black Widow played by Scarlett Johansson started off pretending to be Stark's help. I mean, I completely forgot that is how she was introduced. Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer was really good and I hope, even all these years later, that he could make a return to this. This was the introduction of Don Cheadle as War Machine and I am so glad that he was the one to take over that role. The effects in this still hold up and the music was awesome as hell. Very AC/DC heavy which I was cool with. This came out back in 2010 and is just as good as the current Marvel movies. Well, almost as good. I have a tendency to give these newer movies 10/10. They added this to Amazon so check it out. Just as good as I remember but somehow even better knowing that in a few months RD is returning as the same character he started playing back in 2008.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: